Part 1 : You completed a physical parts inventory count, and your numbers are still off. If this is the case, after you followed the advise and steps from our prior posts, you need to hone in on a few areas;
– Are there values missing from either side of the Parts Dept or Accounting Dept in the Reconciliation?
– Are there values entered on either side, which are listed as a positive value, when it should be a negative value (or visa versa)?
– Is there supporting documentation for every value entered on the Reconciliation for both sides?
– Have the Controller and Parts Manager meet and agree on every number listed to ensure accuracy.
– Confirm dates which values are listed are values from Month end, and not from the new month.
– Confirm timing of each value listed to ensure Accounting posted exactly to the timeline you expected.